OUTFIT INSPO: QUEEN PALM
During our recent Ala Von Auersberg trunk show, I fell in love with this Kathe Dress in Queen Palm. So effortless and chic and the softest most breathable cotton – perfect for entertaining or being entertained! We loved this dress so much, we were inspired to pair it with entertaining tableware and party details. An elegant tablescape for a dinner party, a summer fun bbq party, or a girl’s night paired with a delicious summer salad. If this dress is calling your name, be sure to let me know ASAP as she is selling fast!
Whether you pair it street style with sneakers and black accessories or choose a more neutral island style, you simply couldn’t go wrong!
Love the Look: The Crosby Belt Bag, FR Belt Bag, Daisy Enamel Ring, Emerald Ring, and STRENGTH bracelet.
A FLAVORFUL SALAD for SUMMER ENTERTAINING
When it comes to entertaining, simple is always best. We found this delicious and flavorful salad on The Defined Dish.
Be sure to let us know if you make it!
MEXICAN INSPIRED CHOPPED SALAD – The Defined Dish
FOR THE CHICKPEAS:
- 1 14.5 oz. can chickpeas – drained, rinsed, and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper – plus more to taste optional
- 6 oz. cured chorizo – casing removed and diced into small cubes – I used Gusto Smoked Paprika chorizo
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4–6 cups chopped romaine lettuce 1 large head
- 4 cups thinly-sliced and de-ribbed lacinato kale I large bunch
- ½ cup peppadew peppers – drained and chopped
- 1 cup thinly-sliced rainbow radish
- 1 Fresno chile thinly-sliced (optional)
- 3 oz. cotija cheese – crumbled
- 1 large avocado – diced
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- Salt and pepper – to taste